Our bodies have the capability to heal itself naturally. Our bodies sometimes actually do not need prescription drugs to do the job of healing, except in severe cases. Essential oils can serve as the right tools to support your bodies intelligence to heal and as a preventative to provide strength to your body. The key to healing your body naturally is giving it what it needs and serving your body’s function. Essential oils can be used in everything. This includes in cooking, weight loss, skin care, meditation, and mood/energy boosters. Now more than ever, we are all looking for ways to stay healthy, both mentally and physically, and essential oils can help support us in getting there!
Essential oils can be used in a few different ways. The most common is aromatically. The essential oil’s aroma can elicit mental and emotional responses. Using a diffuser is beneficial for not only giving off an amazing smell in your room but also affecting your emotions and killing airborne pathogens. Oils can also be applied topically due to their chemical compounds. The oil is absorbed directly through the skin or other body parts and enters the bloodstream. Essential oils can also be used internally for therapeutic benefits and enhancing the flavor of your food. Think of the use of essential oils internally the same as plants that are eaten freshly or dried herbs in tea, the same goes for the oils!
It is important that when you are purchasing essential oils that you take necessary time to research the quality of the product. Many oils that are on the market today are not pure. They often contain fillers or other elements that dilute the product and alter its purity. An essential oil that isn’t pure can potentially expose you to germs, heavy metals, or toxins which can cause adverse effects. The purer the essential oil is, the more powerful the benefits will be. My favorite brand of essential oils is doTERRA.
I chose doTERRA because their oils are pure and free of contaminants. There oils are also put through a rigorous testing process in order to ensure its purity, potency, and consistency. The oils are CPTG, Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade, and each batch of oils is subjected to the test. With each purchase on doTERRA you can be sure that you are receiving high quality and effective product.
If you are new to essential oils and confused on where to start, here are some of my favorites:
1. Lavender: In my opinion, this is a MUST. This oil can be used for reducing stress and enhancing your night’s sleep. Besides the fact it smells amazing, it can be used to reduce skin imperfections and inflammation.
2. Melaleuca (Tea Tree): Another MUST HAVE. Tea Tree oil can be used for many things such as purification and supporting a healthy, strong immune system.
3. Peppermint: It is great for an upset stomach and boosting your energy levels. This oil is also great for your respiratory function.
4. Lemon: It contains digestive benefits and when added to your food or water, enhances the flavor. This oil is also a powerful cleansing agent that can purify the air and surfaces as a non-toxic cleaner throughout your home.
5. On Guard: This is a doTERRA favorite. I like to call it the triple threat oil. It is a blend of Eucalyptus leaf, Cinnamon bark and leaf, Rosemary leaf/flower, Wild Orange Peel, and Clove Bud. Protects against environmental and seasonal threats, which helps with healthy immune function! It can be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaner, taken internally to support immunity and cardiovascular function, and diffused to purify the air!
To buy from doTERRA, here is the link to my shop: https://www.doterra.com/US/en/site/lovelightcollective